Sunday, March 30, 2014

The 1975 Experience

Maybe 2014 would be my collective year of concerts and gigs. It seems like my liberty as a music enthusiast has just begun. Well, eversince January 2014, I've never missed any of the shows that put my stoke on high. It was like drug that keeps me in trance.

Darn, I've been using too much stoke and trance in my sentences.

March 28th, Friday. 7 pm. Glorietta Activity Center. If I am gonna recall The 1975 in Manila, that would probably be the significant details I should remember and definitely, I can already reminisce through that. 

It's starting now...


It's been roughly two days, since I've witnessed The 1975 perform live. Wait, how to say it... I don't know how to properly describe it... IT WAS SURREAL! THEY WERE AWESOME. THEY ARE SURE PLAYING IT COOL AND THE VIBE OF THEIR BRITISH ELECTRO SOUND KEPT MY JIVE! Whoa, they're really good live! 

(DETAILS)
At around 8-9 am, I was already in queue along the Palm entrance of Glorietta with my friend. We've met two 8th grade lovely girls, which we basically thought like older (because when I was an 8th grader, I thought I'd just end up being a netizen forever and cannot attend events - yeah, parents). Those young ladies told us stuff like stalking the band and sharing details of the band's whereabouts. I always thought of stalking everyone from my list of aliens, but I have no guts to do so. I always have this voice at the back of my head that I may call conscience, and hinders me from doing so. But every time, I regret not joining the trend of patience and determination.  

I kept looking on my wrist watch, time continuously ticks. Until 10 am, the mall opens and the line started moving and splitting into two. One for the CD purchasing, another for the receipts. From a distance, I already saw security dudes checking bags and I people running. Idk for what reason, but the entrance was not that of where my mum dropped me. Sigh. They checked my bag and the security guy shouted, "RUN!" I basically didn't, I was still calm (not that of not fangirling or recollecting memoirs of PCDs), but I saw a lot of kids from behind bypassing me, I did not really accept that. I felt like it was a defeat. So I ran. I ran until I reached the main entrance. I heard oldies or parents yelling and even blaming our parents. That we don't have manners. Bastos. Well, I didn't mind. 

I finally came inside, still running. It was like zombie apocalype or hunger games or maybe Quidditch, everyone's on fire. I didn't know what to do but just run, until I reached that end marker - another security. He was screaming, shouting, STOP. Everyone almost. He was mad. My inner demons were almost coming out, but I contained them. 

We were walking, like a crowd, no more appropriate line. We finally reached the activity center. The security dude was screaming again, this time, he was uttering the golden "ONE. LINE. ONLY." phrase. Anger hit me, I started ranting and I was terribly annoyed. There's even a boy who was on his phone, might as well puzzled and as also frustrated about the incident. 

Guess what, I became a cult leader. Not literally. I was left the first person on the "singit" lane. Which technically might be, but I was the only center of attraction from blazing eyes, ready to skin off some skin. I was literally mad and burning. I wanna kill somebody. There were annoying girls who kept my pride flowing. The security people asked us to move backwards and remain a line. No, I refused. I was feeling too much emotions. I got pissed and then spoke. I was there ranting in front of every security man coming and commanding me to move. The girls who kept on irritating me, suddenly shut up. I was really mad. I know it was wrong, I'm sorry. I can't control madness. 

Finally, we were given spot in the line - my friend, one of the 8th grader, and me. Maybe a lot of the people assumed I was a psycho, hehe, I've been through a lot. I already expected that disorganization will prevail. So, first timers, first lesson: Expect a non-organized concert, always. Security sucks most of the time. 

We stayed in the queue for hours. To keep me on track, I was talking post-concert depression with my friend. We also listened to setlists. It was lunch time when we bought the CD, I know we wouldn't be part of the 100. I looked at my receipt, it was 200+. The annoying girls in front of me did not even buy the CD. Haha, they lost. They were really annoying, but well it happens. I know they're good people. 

I met my mum right after purchasing, to eat lunch. It was still early, so we stroll around Landmark to Greenbelt. My friend had her expired films assessed and developed, then we waited at the barricades. We met another friend, a cool college girl and at the same time the two girls. 

It was 6 pm when they opened the barricades for people, I was thinking of entering or just staying outside, it was full, so I just went inside. There were a VIP section, divided in half. I already had the idea that it will be filled with boring and dull rich sponsors and rich countrymen. The other for those Ayala Cardholders. I was at the middle one.

Almost 7 pm, everyone can't wait, everyone was already shouting. My friends and I were shouting and cracking jokes to make everyone in that crowd alive. We were all tired and perhaps saving energy for the main show. Also, Glorietta showed an AVP of bands that toured here, at the Ayala Malls, everyone regained that lively crowd. I was jumping and crying. I saw The Maine and A Rocket to the Moon. It was really meaningful. All those events, I wasn't able to see. I have regrets. It still pains me. 

For the main event, The 1975 went out. Everyone was screaming out loud. Fangirls to the lovely boys. They were beautiful lads. Stunning! I was squealing. They played their first song, if I can still remember, it was The City. One of my faves. I was singing the whole set! I was feeling the music. I didn't care about the people looking at me, wondering. I was jumping, moshing, singing, raising my arms, I even raised middle fingers when Matt uttered, fuck. I was really like that, maybe I already had that bad impression on people. I don't care. I'm happy. 

It was one of those happiest days in life. 2014 has been so good to me. What a great start. I love how The 1975 remain that swag and trance feeling on their performances, just like in their videos on YouTube. Finally, my eyes witnessed everything. I was really happy to see them and hear them live. Surreal!!! 

__________
Maybe I was a bad impression to a lot of people during that day. I am sorry. I know it was mean to be mean. I'm sorry for those feet that I gave weight on during my moshing. I know a lot were first timers. I was one too. Sorry for the mighty pushing whenever I dance, I hoped you swayed with me. Thank you to those girls who clapped their hands with me during The 1975's set. Lastly, thank you to those people who admired me on that day. I love you. I wasn't really expecting that someone will.

If ever you're young and reading this, maybe learn from my concert to-dos or expectations. Despite, never become rude towards others. I always say sorry when I step on someone or suddenly pushed one. There's nothing wrong with apologizing. Perhaps better. Never be inhumane. Always stay on track! Enjoy life, but remember your priorities. 





x

No comments:

Post a Comment