Tuesday, March 11, 2014

At the Barricade with Mayday Parade

Before every memory fades, I'll contain everything that I can remember from the last night I had with Mayday Parade. The night when I really felt and experienced the effects of mosh to my bones, and almost cried whilst singing to their heartfelt lyrics. They were one of my favorites. The best set I've ever been to!

Yesterday, March 8th of 2014, Mayday basically wrapped up their Monsters in the Closet Tour. What's really unforgettable about this one, their last stop was in Manila (Philippines). Tom Falcone took a shot last night and posted it on his instagram and official Mayday accounts. I was on that group pic, though the members were blocking me. I was behind the barricade and still posed (though I know I won't be seen). 


So basically, it was my first time to be a Pulp Royalty. The difference if you're a PR, you have the perks of meet and greet. Unlike during the 8123 here, there was a fan signing at the post-show for everyone, not just the PRs (I think it was a deal between the producers and the bands). It's just disappointing that Mayday didn't have the fan signing, only a picture per PR with the band. Though, got to hug them all. I was shaking and really felt awkward when my turn came. I wasn't able to ask

Derek: What shampoo do you use? *touching hair* 
Brooks: Why did you cut your hair? 
Everyone: Can I get a kiss and hug? 

That just sucks. Though, one of my friends told me she smelled Derek's hair and it was bad. Idrk if she was just exaggerating or what, but they're on tour. Also, I was only abled to utter something to Brooks, that his eyes were so gorgeous but he seem not to hear me. Ok.

Meanwhile, I met new friends during the concert. Awesome people. I also met a guy whom I took a selfie with at the latter (one of my friends' acquaintance). I was trying to start a fuss that he's famous, so everyone will be bothered. I almost succeeded. Hahaha, he really resembles to Derek Sanders. Their teeth! 

Hence, the best part was during the show itself. I was probably not too close and not too far away from the barricades. I thought my place was fine, that I can take good shots and it was the centermost and I felt comfortable. No, no. It wasn't. It started when people started filling all the spaces in the pit and totally got squeezed when they started playing. People were moshing, so do I. From the start I was greatly sweating already. I bathed with my own swear and everyone who passed by me during the stomping of feet and head banging. It was really hardcore. I never felt to be squeezed like a toothpaste and whoa, surreal! It was like a human wave, I was pushed from left to right until I reached the barricade and never left my love. I was in the centermost, where Derek stays the most. I was able to do a lot of eye contacts with him. Those beautiful eyes. Jeremy too. It was perfect. 

Brooks, the quirkiest one, even talked to me. I have this banner with "PICK!!!" written on it. I called him and he looked at me. He was pointing at himself whilst his lips asking "Me?" I said yes. I told him if I can have his pick. He showed the pick he was holding. He teased me with a laugh and started slamming those strings again. That sucks though, even at the end, the handsome foreign crew was handing down stuff from the stage. He was even giving picks, throwing drumsticks and setlists, also towels. But, he didn't really put one on my palm. Also, that towel which I was pointing at the bouncer was given to another girl. Shit.

Anyway, despite all the bullshits from other people during the concert, still had a good time. It was the best concert I've ever been to (and 8123). Though, the band was not too fan interactive. The set, dude! The music and the band that I've been listening to ever since 2007. I finally met them. 

It was really hard to take pictures inside the pit, good thing the barricades saved me. Here are some of my photos:













P.S. Still wondering of that "surprise" Derek was telling for the fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment