Sunday, June 8, 2014

We're like fireworks and symphonies

That was expectedly mild than the last show I attended at Skydome.

WE THE KINGS. If you're going to ask me of how I find this band, it's totally different from the usual bands that I listen to. They are more of a pop and totally popular to most teenage girls or women. I find their music softly hitting you with lyrics, it is mushy, upbeat, and a mild eargasm - not too heavy on instruments. A fact of saying that they are not my favorite band of all, but it is the music that I dig to. I am just a fan of this artsy stuff of vocals and instruments put in together, and WTK was one of those who caught me off guard with their slippery lyrics and melodies. 


What I've been struggling for months now is money. The moment Pulp announced that they'd be bringing WTK here, I was overjoyed! Though, I came to think that I was really unsure of the instances of might or might not. The last time with Mayday, my friend forced me to get a PR, (tbh I wasn't even sure if I'll make it to VIP) I was going to, but the cost really hinders me. She paid for my PR and I gave back a percentage during the concert day. Also, I'm having issues of going or not because BRF is my top of the line. I've missed two BRFs already, not this upcoming.

So they announced WTK Live in the PH, I was really happy that upon my liberty, they are coming back. I'm sorry if I always utter 'liberty,' but 2014 has been so good to me. I got an offer to work at a research company for this summer breakdown (despite of doing nothing at home). I accepted my dad's offer and worked for a month. Since, it was an internship, my salary was fine for a trainee and can sustain my indulgences - concerts. Yey!

June 7th, 2014 - another fun day in life. One of the good days of my life, worth a treasure. I freaking saw We The Kings after all these years I've been wanting to see them!!! It was such a great show, Travis was really good on stage. They were all good! It just sucked that before the show even started and before they let people come in, Mayday Parade's one whole album was playing through speakers on repeat. The vibe sounded different, well as for me, it really did. I find it a little bit off on the part of WTK. I just hope they played Somewhere, Somehow or some classic songs that's been usually being played before shows start instead, or something livelier than Monsters In the Closet. Don't get me wrong, I love the album. However, I'd appreciate them playing it before a MP show, because the feels are there. You know, the point of going to a certain concert is by putting yourself in that situation of feeling the feels of how the vocalist sings the song. Yeah? That's my opinion. 

I cannot really comply with my words completely. Every concert that I've attended, I always have mixed feelings, mixed emotions. It's kinda intense, sometimes I feel like exploding because of excitement plus nervousness. I'm just so happy that since January, my happiness is restored. I've been going through a lot of ups and downs lately with myself, but thanks to good shows, it's a pleasure to rather stay late and not sleep. 

My favorite parts of the show would be:

(1) Flying picks; my sister got one! Such a lucky lass, I've been wanting a pick my whole life. I hope she donates it...to me.
(2) They sang Sad Song on encore, I basically anticipated for this a lot - with an acoustic guitar!!!
(3) The boys filming for their vlogs.
(4) Well, the whole set! 
(5) Genuine smiling faces from the band and crew.
(6) Oh, Duncan Johnson made some of my days. He's a legit goofball! Funny way. 

Such a cool way to start June. Hopefully, BRF3 is my next target. 













P.S. Oh, I got it to a magazine!!! Yay, with Travis Clark on the cover!  





No comments:

Post a Comment