Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"Peace, love, empathy"

I've been a fan of Nirvana ever since I've heard my mum listen to it on walkman and cd player, maybe casette too and other retro music devices.

I wasn't even born when Kurt died. I'm not familiar with the other members' names. I don't know all their albums and EPs. I just felt that there was this eager link between me and their music. 

I believe that calling myself a fan or supporter should be a "know-it-all" system. That's what I call stupidity and stereotyping. It's not a must to know everything, perhaps to know yourself. Liking and loving something or someone must never be societal basis. 


I could say that my childhood crush has always been Kurt Cobain. Yeah, I probably had/have a lot of crushes on earth, during puberty and now, but he's been a crush for a long time despite that he's no longer alive for decades. It's been 20 years since he left the earthly vessel. I just read his suicide note. 

Honestly, I always wanted to see a Kurt Cobain's autobiography. I don't care whatever it is - book, documentary, or what. I just wanted to know his in-depth story. He has a lot of documented preserves like books, happily I can't find any of them from the bookstores. Yet, I'm looking for a real - truth. 

Just a while ago, I lurked over the net and look for Kurt Cobain. I was totally freaking out over Frances when the thought of searching through for anything Kurt began. Frances is really awesome, just like her dad - insimilarity based on art.

So, I stumbled upon Google and BuzzFeed, I saw a lot of cute pictures of Kurt. My most favorite thing was him holding Frances. It was so precious. For the span of my life, it's rare. It's rare that he's overjoyed in a photo or smiling. 



I just feel so emotional whenever he pops out my mind and be reminded that he's no longer here. He's been a blessing to the world. I know, despite all the stoned moments, he's a great person. If you read his suicide note, you'd probably understand how he cared for you. Though, his personal sadness ate him alive. 

There are a lot of humans who feel torn. You wouldn't believe me, but I also do. John O'Callaghan is probably wondering how to get out from his sadness. I hope I can help him, because I can somehow help myself. I may look and act as if I'm the happiest person existing, I tell you, am ridiculously not. I hope I am, but just like you, I also feel empty, voided and tormented most of the time. Unhappy. Nevertheless, I know how to cope up. I make myself busy. If it doesn't work, I hear and see every negative outlooks and try not to absorb them. I've struggled a lot with this. If you read my previous posts, you might get an ounce of how imperfect my life is.

Eveyone is fragile. You might see an individual as the happiest or the saddest person, but who knows if they are. Unless you unfolded their realms - their soul. 

Just keep life going on. There's a poem written by John O'Callaghan that has inspired me to write my own. He's been a huge part of me ever since I've fallen in love with The Maine. Kurt Cobain has also been a great inspiration to me, and a lot of people. It's not really bad to feel pain, sadness, loneliness, joy, excitement, etc., just know how to balance everything. Don't let someone or something get into your stream and put some caution on or in you. 


__________
"The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun." - Kurt Cobain

No comments:

Post a Comment