Monday, September 15, 2014

BRF 3

I don't know if it's just me, or what I'm currently feeling is psychological.

It's been almost a month since the third year of annual Bazooka Rocks Fest. So far, the only two-day made possible one, of course, by Pulp. Though, I don't know how to remember every detail on those two nights of my life, just pure happiness and I could say, the best gift I've ever given myself. Plus, booze stubs, one of the best sisigs and flying giveaways. 


DAY 1. It was a saturday, two days after my birthday, which on a weekly basis meant for two of my major subjects - 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. of law classes. I can't miss them or great loss. Anyway, I went to SMX Convention pretty late and missed local band performances, but was able to catch Senses Fail's opening. HOLY FOX! I was with my sister and we were basically not die-hard fans of Day 1 bands (die-hard has a different connotation from fan). I'm a fan of their music, those foreign bands. I've been listening to them since I was an elementary student, years years back. Name all those post-hardcore bands you know, I might have heard one song or know them. 

Senses Fail was just amazing. I was completely stunned, even though the only song that I have from them is Bite to Break, wow!!! And when they sang it during encore, wish I was in front row because the crowd sucked so much! Basically, I was dancing and singing on my own while some kids from the back created their mini-mosh pit. 

Another amazing band that I knew from my lovely Arizona boys was Saves The Day. The very moment I listened to them on Spotify; every time I review for class, I take a bath, lie on bed, do nothing, it's always Saves The Day. On a daily basis, it's my playlist. Morning to morning, thanks to Spotify. Dude, love at first hear. They reminded me of The Get Up Kids which when I searched the band on Google, related searched matched with TGUK. Chris' vocals was so pitchy, that makes it unique. Their lyrics put me in trance and to be honest, wish I was in front row again during their set. Wish they noticed me, I've been band attention-seeking since Senses Fail!!! 

Taking Back Sunday!!! TBS!!! The band I've been longing for so long, the reason why I'm so desperate to attend BRF DAY 1 (costly). Make Damn Sure. Cute Without the E. Timberwolves At New Jersey. Holy shit. Adam will always be one of my favorite vocalists. I f*ck*ng love their set, despite that most of the songs were the newer ones. TBS is always a one of a kind show. 

Lastly, The Used. Did they play Enter Sandman? I don't really remember if that was them, but I was freaking out!!! Maybe I'm one of the few people to recognize the song, that it was Metallica's. ON MY OWN was the song that almost made me tear up. It's the first time that I heard it and boom I recorded it fully. Bert was physically different from the one I knew, the long-haired and red-linered legit-looking hardcore band member. I even thought they changed the vocalist to someone hotter and cute. I don't know, Bert was the highlight of my night and my eyes. He's so handsome and quirky (which makes him look really cute). Ah, another highlight was the initiative to create a mosh pit. Bert commenced it from the stage. It happened, I joined in for the first time of my life. I left my spot of almost-can-drag-Bert-off-stage. It was so cool, it was so fun. I didn't step on somebody else or made someone fall. I never fell off or slipped, too. Such a steel. (lol)

My Day 1 went pretty awesome. I've had two beers that night and had fun at the Happee Zoo and then did my usual concert routine - sing & dance & jump despite of my terrible sickness. 

DAY 2. I can't f*ck*ng get off bed. My whole body felt so beaten. I can't move without pain, the aftermath hit me just like that. I almost didn't make it to SMX. Hell no.

Heavy rain poured, my sister and I left home late. We missed local acts, came half-through or almost encore during Echosmith's set and met my friend who's been expecting me for hours during that day. Sorry mate, I was too hardcore last night. 

I saw a man with this placard of YMAS meet and greet that made me leave my friend and sister half-consciously. Sorry again. Anyway, as much as I can remember, Dan never noticed me. Sad, but at least Josh did. I've got to see them just a barricade away. 

Memory queue...

The Summer Set didn't caught my heart. To be fairly honest with my feelings, they annoyed me and my ears almost bled. Literally. I don't know if their vocalist really has an annoying, pitchy voice or just that amps were too loud to tingly hurt my ears. I guess I ate sisig during their set. 

We Are The In Crowd. Man, Tay really lost some weight or just her new clothing style? Well, their set was awesome. Really one of my favorite bands. It was my first time to see them play live and being familiar and singing along their songs were the best!!! Always.

Two of the things that will definitely make you drool over You Me At Six are five handsome lads that one or all of them are your ideal man and having a band member boyfriend. Lol. Anyway, I was front row, middle stage (vocalists only go there). I was squeling, screaming, moshing, singing, thinking of risking to throw my phone on stage. Squeezed. The band was the headliner of Day 2 - The main reason why Pulp made me decide for my life in 2014 and my first BRF experience. 

So much love for music and bands. 










x




No comments:

Post a Comment