Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dan Smith running circles... (Bastille in Manila)

January 5, 2015.
A very happy new year, indeed! I attended my first concert for 2015. 

First of all, I'm certain that this concert-craze life of mine would be an annual tradition. I've been to a lot of concerts throughout last year and hopefully this year too. It's like being a habitual outgo. It's really my source of fun. 

Most people started their semesters last 5th, my uni did, however my class schedule started last wednesday and so I attended Bastille's Manila gig and also did a lot of fun after the concert itself. 

If you're a lazy-ass (like me) you might find walking from World Trade Center to Taft-Buendia really tiring and risky and instead take the cab. Well, I was literally thinking that the same, especially during post-concerts. I'm such a concert whore and I literally dance and groove to the music like Taylor Swift. Jumping, stomping, head-banging, etc. and lose all my energy after the fun. 


I was really exhausted. I didn't even know why my friend and I just walked along Buendia while conversing about finding a bus passing Taft instead of a cab, we reached the U-Turn slot where I found a bus that has the "Buendia/LRT" signage, run towards it, rode without asking if it's the same route we're heading. Well, definitely I was mistaken. We dropped ourselves out right away and decided to just WALK at midnight.

I'm more of a nocturnal and I enjoy late night fun. I'm in love with tranquility, it makes myself more alive and my senses work. *Just like right now, I'm currently blogging*

Anyway, unlike most of the concerts I've been too, it's the only time I stayed literally just in front of the tech booth (usually located at the back part of the audience's area). Maybe I just don't feel like jiving with people at that moment and thankfully, my friend also had the same instinct. Yet, Zac Efron was behind us, working for Bastille (lol). Oh yes, my life-long concert motto is to go TO FEEL THE MUSIC AND DANCE TO IT. 

This might not cause me a long pcd, but BASTILLE was really amazing! If you're talking about performing live, I'm giving them a 10/10 performance. It felt like listening to the record while the band recording it. What you hear from the record is what you also get to hear in live performance. I was in trance the whole two hours (?) and their songs still stuck in my head. It was my first time to hear their version of No Scrubs by TLC during their Manila gig — I'm obsessed with it. Dan allowed it to be (illegally) downloaded too. Aww, he's so cute. *does he even know illegal downloading lol*

Anyway, the actual highlight of my Bastille experience was when Dan Smith went off stage and ran around the non-crowded part of the audience area, when everyone was literally looking where he went, I ran towards him with my 1% phone battery and was able to take a video of him singing in front of me. I was able to touch his shoulder. Best thing! 






No comments:

Post a Comment