Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Post-The 1975 (Part 2)

When was the last time I posted using a physical keyboard? 

Anyway, you might be wondering why there's "Part 2" on the title of this post. Well, it's probably because I've seen the band who started the all-black bandwagon (after The Black Parade) twice already. The last time was two days ago, January 24th. Also, considering it's my second British band to see this 2015 (and my whole life?). 

The first time I saw The 1975 live was a free pre-show (at Ayala Malls). I predict it was made possible because of the band gaining a lot of fans all-throughout the Philippines, like a market experiment. In short, a pre-show for the main massive concert with ticket prices that made us all cry. Also, if it was your first time to listen to them during their free gigs around the Metro, you'll easily fall for this 4-piece band. Dude, they're beautiful gods with British accents. 

January 24, 2015. 

There's no Saturday that I never not have majors on my class schedule. There's always been a major subject and it's never easy to end your classes at or past 3 pm, especially when you're attending a standing one-section concert the latter of the day. If you know what I mean and if you want a to be at the front line of a single-priced ticket concert, you should be at the venue hours earlier. Well, good thing about The 1975 this time, you get to purchase numbered seats unless you're getting the VIP, which is basically a pit. 

According to Matty, it was their first time to ever hold their concert in an arena and it was their biggest one so far. He also mentioned, "We are bigger in this country than in our fucking own. So Manila, this is our new second home (non-verbatim)." Their setlist was just like their show in Japan and I was really waiting to finally hear Me and Is There Somebody live and John Waugh to play his sax. All happened during that night. 

A not-so-quick detailing about my day/rant. I really hate that my classes end at 3 pm during Saturdays because of reasons about going home and the rush hour hell, and ending your every week with a law subject is an add up to misery. Well, we just started with this semester and haven't experienced heavier days yet, except for waiting in queue at the library to get photocopies of cases, etc. So, I literally waited for 2 hours just to get my photocopy of some cases at the library due to their policy (which is still unclear to me) about some books only to be photocopied at their sections. I don't know if we can't really have them photocopied to sections where there are less load and the Xerox machines not being often used as the Civil Law ones are. For two hours, I wasn't able to take a nap. 

I went straight to dorm and did whatever the hell I need to do and met my friend at her dorm lobby and took a cab to MoA. We ate dinner, so much food. I was feeling a little mixed that time and I don't really know if I was hungry or just stressed out. Maybe both. Then, one of my friends come by to meet us and... TO THE ARENA.

Apparently, we're supposed to be at the Gen. Ad section but since it's better if people crowd, we were asked to go down to Upper Box. The show started and the feeling was so good again. After a while, I heard live music again. I was literally dancing and stomping and singing through my lungs. I really missed The 1975 and Matt Healy sang heaps better than the first time they came. It feels like I'm listening to them recording live. Uhh nah, he didn't lipsynced. He was also drunk and for a moment was smoking, same as George. Just the typical them. Then while Matty began talking and asked everyone to remove their phones for him to see faces and during Me, he also asked if people can calm down a bit. I was, most of the crowd were. However, some people are just so annoying to started yelling and just ruining the most emotional part of the set. I put my middle finger in front of you, people. Also during Is There Somebody, people were so damn stupid. I was literally nagging some to shut up and calm down but yeah, others don't really know how to value music.

Still, even though I wasn't able to meet these lads in person, I'm still so happy to once again see them. Concerts are always a good feeling for me, despite physical pain. I'm so emotionally and mentally feeling so well every time I hear good, live music. If you're a true fan of music, we might have the same perspectives about it. Plus, the presence of John Waugh. He's now officially the fifth member of the band. I can't wait to see his physique on the cover of their records (perhaps). I love the sax!


P.S. Did Matty cry after the whole set? I think he was, feeling overwhelmed and alcohol kicking through him.


I f*cking love Adam, Ross, George, Matty & John // THE 1975 // 

No comments:

Post a Comment