Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Good Friday

Good Friday. If in the Philippines it's 3:00 PM, in South Korea it's already 4:00 PM. This time, BTOB is having a fan signing event for those who bought their debut album that started an hour ago. Actually, I don't expect this to happen. When I received that text message just probably two or a minute ago, it was like that happiest moment of my life. One of the happiest. I have only one album signed by an artist, for this whole existence. But upon seeing my aunt's name on my phone screen with a text message, I got really curious of what possible thing happened to her, if it is a good or a bad news; since today is a solemnity for a lot of people especially for my aunties who are apparently in S. Korea for Naju, to pilgrim.



And so I read her message. I definitely know it costs much for her to message me. Hello, she's in another country.
-------------
"Ben, nakabili na ko nung CDs mo pati yung kay Coleentot. Pero etong isang CD mo, nandito yung artist magsasign sila kaya pinila ko na." ("Ben, I'd bought your CDs and Coleentot's. But one of your CDs, the artist is here for fan signing, so I will have it signed.")
------------

"Wait, who's there? What CD will be signed?" thoughts that popped out in my mind. I don't want to message her back with these, yet I can't even message her "Thank you" and stuff for the fact that I don't have anymore credit. But honestly, I asked my cousin if I could reply with my tita's text and then she lend me her phone and texted tita,

"Thank you ta Lindz! Ingat po kayo there (with a smiley)".

I can't wait to have those CDs with me. However, all I can do is just to surprise myself by the time I can see it with my bare hands and look whose members signed my album. Teehee *excited*.

BRB for a while, I'll lurk online with BTOB's Twitter. I'm gonna ask my cousin for net. Hihihi...

In Seoul, S. K.:

(2:56PM KST)
"There are no stage for them to perform. There will be no performance by this time, purely meet and greet only with fans. Look, all you can see are seven seats after a long table with markers on it. So definitely, they will start right away." -RANDOM FAN no. 5

"Yeah. I think there are enough fans for this event, more likely there are 500 people in-line, not too much." -RANDOM FAN no. 6

Fans began what they are usually up to, to chatter with each other. Just a few minutes, they started screaming already but since it's a bookstore, those mouths were shutdown. The noise diminished and the line started moving.

The signing event will last up until 4:30PM KST. The noise lessened, as well as the fans who went insane left the store. There are only hands-counted number left.

(4:15PM KST)

She grabbed her BB from her bag and messaged someone while waiting for the items she bought. My aunt's done paying for the CDs. The cashier man (working student) told her to line up since there are only few people in line and get the CD an autograph. "Whew! It was nice to see someone who can communicate with foreigners here.", she said. "Thank you ma'am, I think that guy, fourth from the left can speak English well. He grew up in the United States as I know." My aunt replied, "Really? Oh, okay I'll try approaching him instead of everyone who might not understand me well. Thank you by the way, see you soon. If ever, then smiled."

She fell in-line and and waited for 7 people before her, each member from the group must have one CD signed as the others do.

The first person in line was done, she came next to the member and placed the CD on the table. It was Eunkwang, as the first one to sign. He noticed that she's a foreigner and told her "Hello...Thank you." Next was Changsub, he can slightly speak in English and said synonymous words to my aunt. Then Ilhoon; "Hi...Thank you...". Then Peniel; she told him right after Ilhoon that her niece was a 'super fan' of them since time is limited. "Oh really? It was nice hearing that? Uhm...may I know what's her name?" Her name is "Benny", my aunt said. "Heehee, cute name!" She said, "She really loves you all, these autographs of yours will really give happiness to her, if she was just here."

Moving to her next, Peniel told her that it was nice having a short conversation with her and hopes to meet her niece someday. He had his last question, "Aunt, where does she live?" She said, "In the Philippines"

The conversation was cut with my aunt to Minhyuk, my true love, and Peniel waiting for their last fan. He finally gave Minhyuk the album. Minhyuk's very charming and cute and then she thought that this person in front of her might be my crush from the group, as she also saw from my Facebook, he looked the same from the pictures I posted there.

"My niece likes you the most from the group. She always post pictures of you to her Facebook." Minhyuk started growing an 'EH?' face then Peniel translated what she said. After he knew what aunt said, "아, 진자 (Ah, really)? Thank you!!!" After him, it was Hyunshik and then finally, Sungjae.

She was about to go back to their hotel when Peniel go after her and asked what's her niece's Facebook account. My aunt doesn't really know my URL but she gave my real name which is Rosal Santiago. He then said bye-bye and promised my aunt that he will try his best to get in touch with the niece.

PHILIPPINES:

Apparently, I'm on Twitter, I read a tweet from BTOB, in English. I already knew who tweeted it, it's Peniel-oppa! It says there that they'll be having a signing event. But the place wasn't mentioned so I guess maybe they are or not those persons. Maybe NU'EST or B.A.P, perhaps? I don't know, I'm still happy for whoever it might be.

(FICTION)

No comments:

Post a Comment