Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 6, 2013

It was a not-so-ordinary day for me yesterday. Well, because having regular Saturday classes is not usual, and sometimes I have a whole week one. Sophomore year in university is hectic!

What about yesterday? It is not about that "classes thing," but something else. I can still remember my Lolo Pacoy. Who would forget him? He was the perfect father and grandfather. He is actually my favorite person amongst all of the people around me. I might find more favorites, yet he is the greatest. I love my lolo so much. 

**June 18, 2008 was the worst birthday for my mother and the worst day for us. My lolo was admitted to the hospital until his last breath on 6th of July the same year.**


The death was unexpected because there came a time when he went well and okay and somehow healthy. Until he was okay, my concept of death faded. 

From there, I realized that everyone will die. I started learning not to be afraid of death. I have been open to that topic, and say that I am not really afraid to die. But the pains and consequences of dying are what I really hate. I just do not know if hating the effects of dying includes to the concept of fearing death. 

So it was yesterday, 6th of July, when we went to my cousins' house to attend Nanay's (their lola) birthday celebration. I was with my lola, papa, and mama. We were with their family from their mother's side. I enjoyed the day despite of the stress that every week gives me. 

I was not aware that yesterday as well, was my lolo's death anniversary until my mum mentioned it when we were saying goodbyes to everyone last night. 

A while ago, my mum was telling me about a "butterfly" that flew on me and rested at my back. She asked me if I saw that, yes I saw it flew around out table, but never knew it came from my back. Then mum also continued that my tita's sister saw a man wearing a Barong yesterday while she was cooking, and that Father (tita's brother as well) told them last night (before leaving) that "someone is watching", until mum recalled it was lolo's death anniversary and everyone had goosebumps. 

Well, ghost stories can give goosebumps, but I never felt my balahibo or fur to straighten up. Definitely, I am not scared. 

I just want to reminisce and remember my lolo through this. I know you are happy, like we are happy for you to be with Him. Thank you for continuously guiding us everyday! We love you, lolo. You will remain in our hearts forever. ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment